Jacob Holley, III, MDGeneral Surgery
214 Cherry Street
Donalsonville, Georgia 39845
Medical College of Georgia - Medical School
Spartanburg Regional Hospital - General Surgery
Member of the American College of Surgeons
Donalsonville Hospital is pleased to announced that Dr. Jacob Holley, III has returned to Donalsonville and joined our hospital team of physicians as a General Surgeon. Dr. Holley graduated from Seminole County High School in 2005 as valedictorian, attended Valdosta State for a Bachelor of Science (Summa cum Laude) and then moved to Augusta, Georgia to attend the Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Holley completed his five years of General Surgery residency training at Spartanburg Regional Hospital in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Dr. Holley is a member of the American College of Surgeons and American Medical Association.
The Holley family has been involved in the medical care of this community going back to the 1960s when Dr. Holley's grandfather moved here to practice medicine. "I am eager to join my uncle, Dr. Jeff Holley and aunt, Brenda Turner as they serve the local medical community as well as my aunts, Joy Bell and Rhonda Payne who continue to serve the wider medical community," Holley remarked.
Dr. Holley married his college sweetheart Caitlynn Holley in May of 2013. He says of his wife, "She has been a blessing and the rock that supported me throughout my medical training." When not working, Holley enjoys football in all its forms (Go Dawgs!) and the great outdoors.
"After many years away, I am excited to return to God's county here in South Georgia. I am grateful for the opportunity to return to the community that has been so wonderful to me and my family throughout the years."
Dr. Holley brings a wealth of surgical knowledge to our community and performs procedures that cover the full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient care. For appointments and consultations please call (229) 524-2232.
More/Other Information:Head and Neck:
* Ultrasound guided fine needle biopsy of mass
* Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
* Inguinal hernia repair - laparoscopic and open
* Femoral hernia repair - laparoscopic and open
* Incisional/ventral hernia repair - laparoscopic and open
* Umbilical hernia repair - Laparoscopic and open
* Diagnostic laparoscopy
* Exploratory laparotomy
* Tunneled catheter for recurrent ascites
* Appendectomy - laparoscopic and open
* Cholecystectomy - laparoscopic and open
* Small bowel resection - laparoscopic assisted and open
* Colon resection - laparoscopic assisted and open
* Lysis of adhesions - laparoscopic and open
* Gastrostomy - Percutaneous and open
* Anal fissure repair
* Chest tube placement
* Tunneled catheter for recurrent pleural effusion
Skin, Soft tissue, Breast:
* Drainage of abscesses simple and complex
* Debridement of wounds and infection
* Excision of lipomas, cyst including sebaceous, etc.
* Ganglion cyst excision
* Pilonidal abscess management - drainage and excision with skin flap
* Biopsy of skin and subcutaneous masses
* Foreign body removal
* Evacuation of hematoma
* Lumpectomy - open, needle localized, and ultrasound guided.
* Sentinel node biopsy
* Mastectomy - Simple and Modified radical
* Wide local excision of melanoma
* Ingrown toenail - total and partial
* Carpel tunnel release
* Trigger finger release
* Amputation - hand, finger, toes, and lower extremity
* Trigger point injections
* Scar revision
* Skin graft
* Wound debridement/care
* Tunneled central venous access
* Non-tunneled central venous access